Bulletproof’s Brain Octane is praised by its customers who achieve “great brain clarity” and “Love. This. Product.”
Most people agree that it’s a filling, delicious, MCT-filled supplement that can serve as an excellent meal replacement because it curbs your appetite. Some users notice that Brain Octane is very helpful during times of intermittent fasting or fasting.
But is it actually a fat-burning miracle, or is that too much of a stretch?
Could any MCT oil act much the same as Brain Octane? How much marketing and how much truth is it here? That’s what I’m here to uncover.
If you want to invest your money wisely, attain clear focus, divert hunger pangs, and lose weight, read this article.
What is Brain Octane Oil? Bulletproof Product Review
Bulletproof Octane Oil contains a high-quality MCToil, which gives you a big energy boost. MCT oil is the backbone of any keto diet because it helps you maintain ketosis.
MCToil can also kickstart ketosis thanks to its high intake of healthy fats.
With “brain” in its name, it’s no wonder that Bulletproof Bulletproof Oil is marketed as a brain booster.
The company claims this MCToil will help you lose weight, and achieve mental clarity and optimal brain functioning.
Bulletproof claims their supplement works 18 times as good as coconut oil. How much truth is in that statement?
The Bulletproof brand is credible and reliable because of the extensive research invested in all its products. It’s no wonder that quite a few medical practitioners and nutritionists support their claims.
What Are the Bulletproof Brain Octane Oil Ingredients? Nutrition Facts
MCTs are the primary active ingredient.
MCTs are medium-chain triglycerides with a medium-length chain of carbon atoms. They are easier to digest than long-chain fatty acids because your body uses less energy to dissolve the chain of carbons.
The consequence is that MCTs (medium-chain triglyceride) are easy to metabolize and, therefore, they’re a reliable and quick source of energy.
Not all MCTs are created equal, and that’s why it’s important to note that:
It contains just C8 MCTs. C8 is the chemical name for Caprylic Acid, which contains only eight carbon atoms in its chemical sequence and hence the product’s name – Octane (from the Latin word for “eight”) Oil.
Other MCTs have a longer chemical structure, like C10 Capric Acid and C12 Lauric Acid.
As C8 is the shortest in the bunch, it’s the easiest to metabolize, which comes with a particular set of advantages including:
Fewer keto flu symptoms
It features 130 calories and 14g total fats/ 14g saturated fats per serving, so:
- It’s a nutritious snack because 14g of fat curb your appetite.
- You’re getting almost 70% of the DRV of saturated fats, which helps you stick to your keto macros.
- It’s a low-calorie snack or meal replacement, which is exactly what you’re looking for when you’re trying to lose weight.
- It contains no carbs and no trans fats.
A glance at the ingredients list shows you other advantages:
- This product contains no artificial ingredients and dangerous substances, but it’s more expensive than other keto supplements as a result.
- The MCTs are high-quality, derived from sustainable coconut oil.
- You can purchase this product in the 16 ounces (473 ml) or 32 ounces (946 ml) bottles, or in a convenient oil to go pack.
How to Use / Instructions
The label is very helpful in this regard because it shows multiple ways of use:
- You can add the oil into your morning coffee (bulletproof coffee) for an immediate boost of energy.
- Use it in your drinks, shakes, or smoothies because it’s easy to mix.
- Add it to your food recipes, from salad dressings and sauces to baked keto snacks or meals. The oven temperature has to be lower than 320°F, which is MCT’s burning temperature.
Don’t go over three tablespoons daily because that’s the maximum allowed to prevent serious side-effects like diarrhea, nausea, and dehydration.
This recommendation is for the short-term only. Scientists advise people that 210% of the DRV of saturated fats can cause them severe health problems, ranging from high cholesterol to cardiovascular problems.
Start with a teaspoon daily if you’re new to keto. Increase this dosage with one teaspoon every two days until you reach the maximum recommended limit.
Main Benefits & Side Effects
Product is advertised as a miraculous fat-burning supplement.
I’ve tried the product myself, and I’ve read all the customer reviews. I consulted with my nutritionist and my GP and here’s what they told me about this product:
- It can give you sustainable energy because it’s made with 100% C8, which is quickly absorbed and transformed into ketones. Glucose burns fast, but ketones burn steady.
- You get a big energy boost. Ketones can’t be stored as fat, so they convert into brain energy. The trick is you have to be into ketosis. If you’re on carb-burning mode, the MCTs in the Octane product won’t be converted into ketones.
- It can curb your appetite because it’s full of healthy fats.
- You can lose weight on it if you replace one meal with a BO shake because one serving contains just 130 calories.
Apart from these specific advantages, they gave me a list of articles to read about other benefits of C8, such as:
- It’s a good tool against brittle hair and skin problems, including acne.
- It acts as an anti-inflammatory, which can cure various health issues.
- It can fight some pathogens, including the bad gut bacteria that increase the severity of your keto flu symptoms.
- It promotes good cholesterol and decreases bad cholesterol, which is exactly what you want if you’re ingesting 210% DRV of saturated fats just from this product.
- It gives your metabolism a significant boost, which helps you overcome weight-loss plateaus and lose weight without any hick-ups.
- It sustains your muscle mass, which doesn’t happen with most fad diets. The trick is to associate MCT intake with challenging workouts.
What if you’re not on keto?
These benefits are harder to attain if you’re not on keto, although Bulletproof BO oil doesn’t market itself as an exclusive ketogenic supplement.
The problem when you’re not on keto is that your body will prefer to burn glucose for energy instead of the MCTs, which have bigger chances of being turned into fat stores if you’re not exercising them away.
If you’re not on keto looks like this:
- Curbed appetite for potential weight loss
- Bigger boost of sustained energy if you’re drinking it with your morning bulletproof coffee (some people just add butter)
- Sustained muscle mass
- No ketosis and probably no fat-burning mode
If you’re not on keto, you need to:
- Minimize your carb intake as much as possible
- Eat healthy carbs from green vegetables
- Do workouts that challenge you
What are the dangers?
It generally is a safe supplement. If you’re not new to ketosis or taking MCT, BOO will pose significant side-effects.
If you want to make sure this supplement is not dangerous for you personally, consult your doctor before taking it.
People with certain pre-existing conditions, such as hypotension, liver problems, or MCAD, can be put at risk by the use of MCTs.
Breastfeeding or pregnant women can safely take most MCT products considering that MCTs are found in breast milk in a significant proportion.
Cross-check with your doctor and lactation consultant to make sure this info stands true in your case.
Some side-effects of BOO are commonly associated with MCT products, such as:
- Abdominal cramps
- Frequent urge to urinate
Is MCT Oil the Same as Bulletproof?
Bulletproof Octane Oil is a supplement that contains MCT Oil. There are other MCT Oils on the market, which you can find in bottles or capsules, with more or fewer calories, and with more or fewer grams of fats per portion.
The MCT oil in BO is derived from high-quality coconuts in sustainable, eco-friendly conditions. Other MCT oils are derived from palm trees and lead to massive destruction in the jungle.
The differences can continue, but I think you got the gist.
Does This Brain Oil Help With Weight Loss?
It helps you lose weight because:
- It hinders your appetite because it has a high intake of healthy fats.
- It can replace one meal per day so you can restrict your total daily caloric intake.
- It can keep you in ketosis because it contains plenty of MCTs.
It will not help you lose weight if:
- You don’t take care of your daily caloric intake. Three servings equal almost 400 calories, which is 20% of your daily requirements.
- You don’t exercise to burn the extra fat intake you get from this supplement.
- You’re not restricting your carbs. Otherwise, your body will burn glucose for energy and store the MCTs as fat deposits.
Bulletproof Brain Octane Oil vs. MCT Oil
It markets itself as a different type of MCT oil even though that’s not what the Reddit community thinks.
Indeed, BO is not a miracle fat burner if you’re not doing your part, but this product comes with several unique selling propositions:
It gives you more ketone energy faster than other types of MCTs.
Octane Oil has up to five times the C8 dosage in other products. This supplement contains 100% C8, while cheaper MCT oils contain 20-60% C8.
Kickstart and maintain ketosis.
This supplement does not have any C12 Lauric Acid in its ingredients, and MCT cannot convert into ketones.
Minimizes the keto flu symptoms.
Keto flu appears because your body doesn’t have enough enzymes to burn all the extra fat you’re supplying it with. Because BO is 100% C8, which is metabolized easily, your body will feel the lack of fat-burning enzymes less acutely.
It is not toxic.
This supplement is expeller-pressed and not extracted with toxic solvents from coconuts, like cheap MCTs.
The purifying process is entirely natural, with no chemical accelerants, but just pressure, heat, and water.
You can check Oil SDS to find more info on these toxic chemicals added to your MCT oil.
It doesn’t destroy the environment.
This product is sourced from high-quality, organic coconuts, unlike other MCT oils that use palm kernels.
Palm trees grow in few places in the world, so cutting them down means destroying tropical forests.
Bulletproof is a transparent, reliable company.
Unlike other MCTs manufactured in shady, overseas factories, it is manufactured in a US facility.
Their bottles don’t leak and don’t have wide mouths that are uncomfortable to drink or pour from.
Brain Octane Oil vs. XCT Oil
XCT oil is a marketing catch. There is no such thing as XCT – Bulletproof invented the term for MCT Oils that combine C8 and C10 MCTs.
Here’s why this is dangerous:
- It positions products that combine C8 and C10 as non-MCT oils.
- It makes you think that Brain Octane Oil is the only pure 100% C8 supplement on the market.
But I’ll bite. Here’s a quick comparison between Octane and “XCT” Oils – some of which retailed even by Bulletproof:
|Brain Octane||XCT Oils|
|Bigger energy boost because it’s 100% C8, which metabolizes faster||Sustained energy boost because C10 burns slower|
|Better for early morning mental focus because C8s give instant energy to your brain||Better for prolonged clarity during the day because the mix of C8 and C10 takes longer to act on your brain|
|Quick fat burn because it transforms easily into ketones if you’re on keto||Increased satiety because C10 take longer to metabolize|
|More expensive||More affordable|
XCT oils from Bulletproof are clean, but XCT oils by other companies can feature:
What about “XCT” oils from top brands like Perfect Keto?
Perfect Keto has 100% C8 options, as well as C8-C10 options, all of which are produced and manufactured in stellar conditions from top ingredients.
As a result, aC8-C10 MCT from Perfect Keto might be just as good as Brain Octane Oil.
Does It Really Work?
Yes. Bulletproof is a good product, with plenty of good reviews on all the websites where it’s retailed.
People say they:
- Feel focused and achieve good mental clarity
- Get energy throughout the day, putting a brake on tiredness and migraines
- Lost weight because they had a decreased appetite
- Can maintain their ketosis without messing with their cholesterol levels
- Have more success when following an intermittent fast
My experience is similar. It gave me energy, and it curbed my appetite in half, so I lost weight without any keto flu symptoms.
It has an oily texture, though, which is one of the reasons I prefer Perfect Keto; I’ll tell you other reasons below.
Does MCT Oil Make You Gain Weight?
This is just a common myth that tends to create some negative energy. MCT oil is typically not found in any nutritional supplements, and there is no reason to believe that consuming a few capsules can make you gain weight. In fact, many people who consume MCT oil report better performance and more energy. To start using MCToil, just add a little to your coffee or tea. Take one capsule in the morning and another in the evening. In some cases, you can also choose to use the powder version of MCT oil. But remember, MCToil will help you lose weight if you’re burning calories. Does MCT Oil Make You Gain Weight?
If you stop taking MCT oil, your body will naturally run out of fat stores, and you’ll probably gain weight. This is another common myth. Just like the one about taking MCToil and losing weight, this one has become more popular than the original one. The problem is, the statistics are not in our favor. This is because studies show that the average gain of 10 pounds in just one month is due to people putting too much stock in the myths that accompany MCToil. But even if MCToil may cause weight gain, it is still the best energy source you can use to lose weight. That’s because consuming MCT oil instead of glucose or fructose will get your body into ketosis.
When Should I Take Brain Octane Oil?
Octane Oil can be taken at any time during the day. Use it as a supplement in your Bulletproof Coffee or in tea, salad dressings, or smoothies. Add to any food or drink for a boost. You’re a lot better off taking brain oil or coconut oil in the mornings, not the evenings. I can see that you’re a little angry, but please hear me out. During the night, your brain converts from a high concentration of serotonin and dopamine to a more moderate concentration of noradrenaline. Therefore, you have less ability to take in serotonin. You also have less available dopamine. So if you take octane oil at night, your neurotransmitters get scrambled.
This means your brain gets sleepy at night, and you’ll be less capable of being creative. Also, you’ll likely feel hungry at night. That’s the opposite of the way it should be! The solution is to take octane oil in the morning, but just before you eat breakfast. You’ll get about an hour’s worth of energy from the oil before breakfast.
Does Brain Octane Oil Make you Poop?
The oil typically used to develop the deep black, ink-like coating that produces the world’s strongest and hardest racing oils are completely degradable. During my two years of testing and review of Brain Octane oil, I haven’t ever noticed any noticeable effects on my pooping experience, whether it be after I’ve had a meal, a few beers, or during my daily poop. There are other, more disturbing effects the oil may have on your body. Brain Octane Oil has a number of controversial ingredients, including Sorbitol, Propanol, Monoglycerides.
This is by no means the list of ingredients that are being deemed controversial by experts. The bottom line here is that these are all good-for-you fats that have been added to the oil because they enhance the results. While I’m not a scientist or a nutritionist, I can tell you that I’ve never noticed any change in my poops, other than maybe the fact that Brain Octane Oil produces a more pronounced oil sheen. This does not feel or taste bad.
Where To Buy?
Amazon has good prices plus good shipping and returns deals. If you have a discount code or coupon, you can also try the official website for a 16 oz. or 32 oz. bottle.
Other places where you can get this product are GNC, Vitamin Shoppe, Target, and Walmart, but Amazon is the best option price-wise.
Hopefully, this review of Octane Oil uncovered all its sides. Although it is not a miraculous fat burner, it’s a good supplement that can help you lose weight if you’re doing your part.
Bulletproof Oil is 100% C8, which is easily metabolized for fast increased energy, while the 70% saturated fats keep you satiated for longer.
But I prefer Perfect Keto MCT oils, which can be bought in bottles or capsules, with 100% C8 or with a mix of C8 and C10.
Both these supplements have pure, clean ingredients, but I like Perfect Keto MCT Oil better because:
You can order capsules, which are the most convenient option.
You can try their MCT oil powder packets, which don’t leave an oily residue.
BO is tasteless, while Perfect Keto offers flavors galore.
My advice? Don’t compromise.
If you want flavorful morning coffees and lots of options to get a huge energy boost, clean energy, and maintain ketosis, choose Perfect Keto.
Don’t let its price scare you off; I have an exclusive 15% discount you can get if you click below.
Don’t lose your chance and order now.